TropWATER researchers Dr Nathan Waltham and Dr Jordan Iles are engaged with tourism operators to initiate a citizen science water quality monitoring project in the Whitsunday Region. This citizen science project brings together partners from a cross section of the Whitsunday community, the Partners include Reef Catchments, the Mackay-Issac-Whitsunday Healthy Rivers to Reef Partnership, North Queensland Bulk Ports, TropWATER (Centre for Tropical Water and Aquatic Ecosystem Research) at James Cook University (JCU), and Whitsunday Tourism Operators – Whitsunday Bareboat Operators Association, Whitsunday Charter Boat Industry Association.
- New paper – using jellyfish to monitor herbicide runoff
- Citizen science water quality monitoring project in the Whitsunday Region
- New global database to guide coral restoration
- TropWATER researchers can see through murky waters
- Grunters can be flippers
- Competitive Summer Internship and Industry Placement with $2,000 bursary – Cairns/Townsville/Mackay