TropWATER researchers Dr Nathan Waltham and Dr Jordan Iles are engaged with tourism operators to initiate a citizen science water quality monitoring project in the Whitsunday Region. This citizen science project brings together partners from a cross section of the Whitsunday community, the Partners include Reef Catchments, the Mackay-Issac-Whitsunday Healthy Rivers to Reef Partnership, North Queensland Bulk Ports, TropWATER (Centre for Tropical Water and Aquatic Ecosystem Research) at James Cook University (JCU), and Whitsunday Tourism Operators – Whitsunday Bareboat Operators Association, Whitsunday Charter Boat Industry Association.
- The benefits of converting flood-prone cane paddocks into melaleuca plantations
- Seagrass restoration project spans two oceans
- Indigenous rangers and scientists team up to drive coral growth
- Dugong Census Begins
- Bringing back bushfoods: Australia’s landscape mapped to boost bush tucker
- Women Warriors of the Torres Strait set sail for the Great Reef Census